Eureka Springs, FL
Eureka Springs Conservation Park was first established in 1938 by botanist and traveler Albert Greensburg as a botanical garden of rare and unusual tropical plants. He donated his prized site to Hillsborough County, making Eureka Springs Park the only botanical garden in the park system.
Lovers of horticulture will savor the 31-acre natural beauty, especially the largest publicly owned collection of ferns in Florida. Nature connoisseurs can gaze at the park’s rose garden and orchid room, as well as stroll along walking trails and the boardwalks that wind through a lush floodplain forest of maples, cypresses, and tupelo.
The park also features a greenhouse, picnic tables and shelters, a reservable Eureka Springs party pavilion, and interpretive trails. Located at 6400 Eureka Springs Rd, Tampa, FL 33610
What would the world be, once bereft of wet and wildness? Let them be left,O let them be left, wildness and wet,Long live the weeds and the wildness yet. ~Gerard Manley Hopkins
Nature is man's teacher.
She unfolds her treasures to his search, unseals his eye, illumes his mind, and purifies his heart; an influence breathes from all the sights and sounds of her existence.
~Alfred Billings Street